Frequently Asked QuestionsWE're HAPPY TO ANSWER ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS!
Can you create drawings and renderings plus detained specifications for permits?
Yes. We are a full-service design/build firm, with a team of designers, drafters, renderers, and an architect on record.
Can you provide us with a few referrals from your clients?
Absolutely! Your satisfaction is our priority.
Can you tell us about the first meeting?
The first meeting is a free consultation that typically takes around 60-90 minutes (about 1 and a half hours). Once we receive your request to meet, our senior expert will schedule a time to sit down with you at your earliest convenience. Our preference is to meet at the site to review your project.
Describe your design/build process.
After the first meeting, a Design Agreement will be created for your unique project. This includes the following:
- Work with client to jointly decide aesthetic vision, take measurements, and review existing conditions.
- Perform zoning analysis and feasibility study.
- Create schematic design and line drawings.
- Develop construction estimates once the plans are complete.
- We will deliver to you a 30-page detailed proposal at no charge in 2 weeks.
The plan is to know the design and cost of your project before any construction begins. Once everything is agreed upon, a construction contract will be completed, followed by construction drawings and permit submission. Next comes materials selection and building!
What areas do you service?
We are proud to provide our construction services in most of the counties in New Jersey. Our office is situated in Mountainside, NJ which is very centrally located. This allows us to pay close attention to our projects and provide our customers with a wonderful experience leading to a better outcome.
What if a project gets delayed?
As you know, we cannot control Mother Nature, but If the delay is caused by WA Construct, we will pay a defined penalty that is clearly addressed within your contract.
What is your average timeframe for a project?
It depends on so many different variables. We can’t commit to a timeframe until we have a truly clear idea of the project’s design, architecture, and required permits. It depends upon the scope of the overall job.
For an idea, renovations and or addition:
- Design phase – takes 2 to 3 months on average
- Permit phase – typically takes a month for the city/county to approve
- Construction phase – approximately 5 months to 7 months depending on scope of work
- Design phase – most of our projects take 2 to 4 months to design
- Permits phase – 1 1/2 to three months depending upon the city/county requirements
- Construction time – approximately 9-10 months depending on scope and size of job
What will my project cost?
That is a particularly important question. It really depends upon the size and scope of the desired work. There are many variables involved in figuring out the price. Once plans are ready there will be much more clarity. We will supply a 30-page detailed proposal based on construction plans.
Will there be any unforeseen surprises coming our way?
In the case of a home addition with gut remodel, or new construction, we do a complete analysis of the existing house, and the plans WA Construct then suggests recommendations accordingly. More than 95 percent of the unforeseen surprises will have already been discussed during the development of your proposal. The price we present includes those considerations.